THE LORD WILL NOT JUST DO SOMETHING IN YOUR LIFE; HE WILL DO GREAT THINGS IN YOUR LIFE

Oftentimes, we address God just as the "Someone" up there in heaven. Addressing God like that just shows how one's relationship to God is not so personal. I cannot imagine addressing my father as "someone" instead of addressing him as my father. Same thing with our relationship with God, why address Him as the "Someone" in heaven when you can address Him as your Father?

Observe this well, when a person addresses God vaguely like using the word "Someone," it will usually be connected to how this Someone can do "something." Usually, you can hear these words - "Someone up there in heaven can do something in your life." Observe how unspecific and impersonal it is.

It is far different when you declare "My God, My Father." It is declaring that you have a personal relationship with the One you are addressing to. And when you say those things which God did in your life, you cannot just say that it is just something but -

      - great things.

These two statements are far, far different from each other-

"Someone up there will do something in my life."
"My Father God will do great things in my life."

In Joel 3: 21, God promised us with these words -
"Fear not o land; be glad and rejoice for the Lord will do great things."
Wow! What an assurance for us to declare that indeed our God will do great things in our lives!
God said to us not to fear. Fear only happens when you do not know who you trust or you don't know fully whom you are calling. If you know God just as the "someone who is up there" then it just shows how little you know God. This explains your fear. You don't know the God who can do great things for you is a very loving God, a very caring God and a God who blesses well.

Fear is the result of less knowledge of God. I am not pertaining here of deep theology in the study of God's word. I have seen lots of people who have deep head-knowledge of God but so less with heart-knowledge of God. What I mean is a mixture of heart and mind- an experience with God.

So when you recognize God not just as that someone but your loving Father God, then you can boldly declare and believe that the Lord will not just do something in your life but will do great things in your life.

When your faith becomes specific to a specific God, your blessings will also become specific.

For me, who I have is not just someone up there in heaven. Who I have is the Almighty God, the King of kings who is my loving Father, and this is why I believe that He will not just do something in my life but He will do great things in my life.

"Something" is not specific. It is vague and small.
"Great things" is specific, big, huge, wonderful and awesome.

When your relationship is personal, your faith becomes specific.

Declare - My Lord will not just do something in my life; He will do great things in my life.

- A r t  R o y  R e m y

2 COMMENTS:

Anonymous said...

great!

Anonymous said...

This enlightened me to a new level in addressing our God. Thanks for the post.

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT