TOUCHING AN ATHEIST WITH GOD'S LOVE


I remember one time I was helping in counseling students in one campus in partner with one lawyer. This lawyer was so amazed that I am helping their school without any fee, and her heart was touched by goodness. She knew I am a Christian, and somewhat ashamed, she told me that she is an atheist and she hoped it will not offend me.

With a smile, I told her, "It's okay, Mam." 

She asked, 
"Is it okay with you I don't believe in God?" Many Christians I knew who partnered with me in the past changed their dealings with me when they discovered I am an atheist. They fought me with their Bible standpoint and even separated themselves from me." 

Same words I told her, 
"It doesn't matter. God believes in you. And if God believes in you and loves you, why can't I?" I told her, "In behalf of those who said they are Christians and did these things to you, I ask an apology. However, if Jesus is alive today, He will not do that. What will He do? He will just talk to you, listen to your problems, your past frustrations and your aspirations. He will still love you no matter what, and He will not force any agenda to you. He will win you with HIs love." 

After a few months, after a crusade in the campus which thousand has accepted Christ, she was overwhelmed with the response of the students. There In the middle of the basketball court, where we were standing, she accepted Jesus in her heart with tears in her eyes. 

When love is felt, the message is heard.

1 COMMENTS:

stevevhan said...

wow, no one will change a person but Christ himself!

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT