TOUCHING LIVES ONLINE [ AND OFFLINE]

Almost everyday, I am sharing inspirational and radical truths through this blog. It has already been a habit at 4AM after my solitude with God and meditation of His words that I always write something here in my blog to inspire people. I consider it a tremendous blessing to touch people's lives online. But somehow God impressed upon me that I got to do more than just touch people's lives online. God impressed upon me that I can do more when I leave this chair, go out and touch people's lives in a personal and incarnate basis. 

This is breaking the usual. This is getting out the comfort zone. This is going for the second mile in serving others.

5AM, I am already out. It was a long ride. I will speak to and inspire the whole security force of Rustan's, a big mall in Makati. It was a blessed experience to share the love of God to these security guards. I was thinking how we just ignore these people in many establishments and we often forgot that they too are people who need Jesus. And this was a big open door from God to introduce them to a new life. There in their gathering, I was enabled by God to share to them the radical love of Jesus. I shared to them that the Greatest Security Guard of their lives is none other than Jesus, and that every security guard must have a "Security God." Eventually, after the love of Jesus has been shared, all of them opened their hearts to Jesus and they received Him for a new relationship and salvation.



















Today is another day of making this love incarnate to people. And it didn't stop there, after that, I have to go to Pandacan, Manila which is far from my place to conduct a Gospel service. It was a blessed night to share  the message of God's love to the people wherein they all received Jesus in their hearts.

For the whole week, it has been a joyous blessing to touch people's lives - counseling people, sharing the word of God in various small groups from one house to another. In one of our house session, three "gays" joined us. They thought they will not be welcomed but they were received with love. They were teary-eyed when they heard God's love for them. I know that their transformation will only start in salvation. The law cannot change them. Religion cannot save them. Only Jesus can. They accepted Jesus  in their hearts and their hearts were beaming with hope that they can have a better life with Jesus.


Somehow, I looked back this year, that God has given me this knack to reach out to selected groups of people. I remember at one early morning, our team has ministered to construction workers in one street giving them free breakfast and the Gospel. Also in another effort of love, I have ministered to suicidal "emo" students of one campus. In another engagement, we have fed and shared the gospel to tricycle drivers. God has indeed blessed this second mile of serving others.

I have realized these radical truths in going "offline" in order to do the extra-mile in serving others:
1. True happiness is when you make others happy.
2. There is always an opportunity to help people. Just go out and you will see.
3. Christianity must not be confined inside the church buildings.
4. The more you go out to help people, the less you will think of your own problems or struggles.
5. The more you see the plight of people out there, the more you will see how blessed you are.
6. And you are blessed because the blessing ought not to stop with you, it must be passed to others.
7. When you have the vision to help others, God will always give the provision.
8. Your work, your position, your office are not hindrances but ought to be avenues in helping others.

A friend of mine who is already with the Lord in heaven, told me when she was still alive and battling with cancer,  "I will not go to heaven defeated and sad. I am on my way to heaven helping other people. And if I die, I will die while helping people." I saw her victorious and enjoyed her life till her last breath.

These are thanksgiving and introspections of God's goodness in my life. To be a help is already a blessing.

And here I am again, writing these things with prayer that anyone who read this will be inspired and be blessed by God. I will keep on writing in this blog to help more people out there, but after writing a post, I will again be back in the streets and in the houses or wherever God will lead me to share His words, help and touch people's lives. It is indeed different when love becomes incarnate. 

God "wrote" the Bible.
Yet, He still came down, lived with humans, and died for them.
He cannot afford to be just online and sitting on His throne.


0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT