A BOY WHO DOESN'T KNOW HIS BIRTHDAY

It was already 7:00PM. 
I was waiting for our evening community hope session to start and I was preparing my message, when a boy approached us selling dried fish to our group. I got curious when I overheard that he is not a resident of Santolan community but resides in Cogeo. I was moved with compassion to know that this little boy was still selling dried fish at this very hour, and he still got to travel back to his home. I called the boy and invited him to sit beside me. I told him that I will buy his remaining goods and I will pay him ten times the prize if he will just sit a moment with me. When I asked him who is with him, he told me that his older brother is with him. I told the boy to call his brother to join us. 

Now this time, both of them were sitting beside me listening to me as I encouraged them not to let poverty kill their dream, but rather to take poverty as a fuel for their dreams. I affirmed them that God loves them and He wants to change their lives. As I speak, I can see tears in the eyes of the older brother. I know how it felt, I've been there. I shared to them the love of Jesus to them, and how Jesus wants not just to bring them to heaven but to change their lives as well. The names of two boys are Olwin and Gary Parahito.

When I asked about their birthdays, Olwin answered that he doesn't know his birthday. I told him that it is okay if he cannot give a date. I told him, "It's okay Olwin, anyway Jesus knows your birthday. He knows you full well, and today is more than your birthday, because this is the day that the Lord has made you His child because you placed your faith in Jesus." He got what I meant and he softly replied, "S-S-September 7." He said this with a grin in his face as if today is really his physical birthday, and now he knew what is his "birthday."

With the blessings they received today- eternal and financial- they left with a different aura of happiness and joy in their lives. I don't know when and where I will meet those boys again, but one thing I know- two boys are celebrating their "birthdays" today.

The children of God are the only people on earth that has two birthdays.
God desires that people in this world will have two birthdays.

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT