A ONE-OF-A-KIND WORSHIP AND LORD'S SUPPER ON THE MOON [An Untold Account of Astronaut Buzz Aldrin's Testimony on the Moon]

All we know about that historic event of Saturn Flight in 1970 was when man first walked on the moon. Little did we know that there is a more significant event that happened on that day before they even set their feet on the moon.

What do you think what they did before they walked on the moon aside from the technical things they ought to do?
Guess what, what they did was, they worshipped God in prayer, and took the Lord's Supper on the moon! Isn't this amazing?

Buzz Aldrin, one of the astronauts who is a Christian testified about these things.

These are his words as recorded in Guidepost[October 1970] -
Now Neil and I were sitting inside Eagle, while Mike circled in lunar orbit unseen in the black sky above us.  In a little while after our scheduled meal period, Neil would give the signal to step down the ladder onto the powdery surface of the moon.  Now was the moment for communion. So I unstowed the elements in their flight packets.  I put them and the scripture reading on the little table in front of the abort guidance system computer.
Then I called back to Houston.
“Houston, this is Eagle.  This is the LM Pilot speaking.  I would like to request a few moments of silence.  I would like to invite each person listening in, wherever and whomever he may be, to contemplate for a moment the events of the past few hours and to invite each person listening, wherever and whomever he may be, to contemplate for a moment the events of the past few hours and to give thanks in his own individual way.”
In the radio blackout I opened the little plastic packages which contained bread and wine.
I poured the wine into the chalice our church had given me.  In the one-sixth gravity of the moon the wine curled slowly and gracefully up the side of the cup.  
It was interesting to think that the very first liquid ever poured on the moon, and the first food eaten there, were [Lord's Supper] elements.
And so, just before I partook of the elements, I read the words, which I had chosen to indicate our trust that as man probes into space we are in fact acting in Christ. 
I read: “I am the vine, you are the branches.  Whoever remains in me, and I in him, will bear much fruit; for you can do nothing without me” (John 15:5).
Isn't it amazing that even on the moon, the words of God were proclaimed, the message of the blood of Christ was declared, and the thanksgiving to Almighty God was expressed!





0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

LEAVE A COMMENT